PrimeFaces 2.2.RC1 Released
October 31, 2010 19 Comments
I’m pleased to announce that PrimeFaces 2.2.RC1 is released featuring 70 fixed issue tickets (bugs, enhancements, new features), new components and general maintenance of 2.2.M1. Here are the highlights;
- Lots of maintenance on 2.2.M1
- New Component: Toolbar
- New Component: Spacer
- New Component: Separator
- New Component: Divider
- Reimplementation of PickList, Editor and ImageSwitch
- Upgrade to latest jQuery 1.4.3 and jQuery UI 1.8.5
- Ajax capability to Slider
- Fixed ajax update issues of menus
- Stabilized Datatable incell editing
And many more…
2.2.RC1 is the last release before 2.2 final which will be released when the new commercial PrimeFaces Book is ready. Actually 2.2.RC1 is one month late than planned because of my consulting-training(to pay the bills) and relocation from UK->Turkey activities. As I expect to be busy with the same things until the end of november, can’t set a clear estimate for the 2.2 final release and availability of PrimeFaces Book. My rough guess is first week of december.
If PrimeFaces Book sales reaches my estimate and if we can move to a technopark to benefit from tax exemption, I plan to create a PrimeFaces Team with two new full time developers and me as the project lead.
Anyway in long term(not that long), next version will be 2.3 which will rock with the following;
- Redesign and implementation of TouchFaces, I’ll rename it to PrimeFaces Mobile.
- Redesign and implementation of Ajax Push Integration via Atmosphere.
- Major enhancements on components like fileUpload, tree, treeTable and more.
- Implementation of top 20 most voted issues.
- New components like timeline, sortList and more.
- Some surprises…
I see 2.3 as the grand finale of PrimeFaces, not because the project will end but it will be the implementation of my vision for PrimeFaces 2 years before which was creating a easy to use lightweight library (one jar less than 2mb, zero-config, no dependencies) providing mobile and ajax push support, 100+ components and more. After 2.3, I’ll be probably out of ideas and work with PrimeFaces community even more to improve and stabilize PrimeFaces. Target for 2.3 is early february, watch out this blog for the upcoming video trailer 😉