PrimeFaces 3.0.M1 Arrives
April 11, 2011 24 Comments
Prime Technology is glad to announce the 3.0.M1 release of PrimeFaces. This release features over 100 enhancements, 13 new components(9 brand new, 4 rewritten), PrimeFaces Mobile, implementation of various feature requests and although it was not meant to be a maintenance release, M1 contains significant amount of bug fixes. Here is the overview of notable changes;
- PrimeFaces Mobile – Built on top of jQuery Mobile, supports various mobile platforms.
- Rewritten FileUpload – Replaced flash using HTML5 with graceful degradation
- Rewritten Tree – Theme aware and home grown Tree.
- Rewritten Spinner
- Rewritten Galleria
- New Component: Ring
- New Component: ScrollPanel
- New Component: SelectBooleanCheckbox
- New Component: SelectManyCheckbox
- New Component: SelectOneListbox
- New Component: SelectOneMenu
- New Component: SelectOneRadio
- New Component: SelectManyMenu
- New Component: TagCloud
- New Context parameter to disable theming on form components
- TimePicker add-on to Calendar
- Simplified client side APIs
- Updated to latest jQuery
- 25 bug fixes
- Datatable filtering enhancements
- Improved xhtml validation
We’ve done our best to preserve backward compatibility, however there are some points that need to be migrated. See the migration guide for detailed information.
PrimeFaces 3.0 is only 50% done, next version will be 3.0.M2 which will bring almost all the new features of 3.0 including rewritten ajax push, enhancements on components and regular maintenance. After that we’ll do an M3 focusing on only maintenance, we aim to fix all the issues with type-defect in our issue tracker with this release. Following will be a release candidate and then 3.0 final. Tentative date of 3.0 final is early summer. 3.0 is an important milestone for PrimeFaces as it will mark the stability of the project, after 3.0 we don’t want to reimplement components, change the internals of PrimeFaces and focus on maintenance and implementation of feature requests from community.
Always bet on PrimeFaces!